What I'm Hacking On
I am an Engineering Manager at Improbable working on SpatialOS. I work with a group of cross-functional engineering teams to build user interfaces, command line utilities and the services which power them. In the past I've worked for Amazon, Yamaha and Mind Candy. If you would like to get in touch, please contact me on LinkedIn.
Being a father of two I don't get much free time, but when I do I like to hack on Open Source, here are some of the projects I'm proud of maintaining or contributing to:
- jonnyreeves/fetch-readablestream - Compatibility layer for efficient streaming of binary data using WHATWG Streams
- improbable-eng/ts-protoc-gen - Protocol Buffers Compiler (protoc) plugin for TypeScript and gRPC-Web.
- jonnyreeves/as3-vanilla - Extract strongly typed Objects from dynamic objects without writing a single line of code!
- jonnyreeves/jquery-Mustache - Mustache templating plugin for jQuery.
Recent Blog Posts
- npm-shrinkwrap Sucks
- Shrinkwrap your NPM Dependencies
- Don't (always) npm install -g
- Live Reloading in Express
- Babel ❤ NPM
- Mocking XMLHttpRequests in Jasmine
- Using Browserify without a node_modules directory
- Listening for jQuery Mobile Slider Events
Find more posts in the archive.